NaNoWriMo 2013, Day 15 (The Halfway Point!)
I’m charting my daily progress on NaNoWriMo. Since you may or may not care, I’ll kindly hide it. Thanks for taking the time. :)
|NaNoWriMo Progress: MCU Case Files: Death Scene|
|New Words Today||2157||1667|
- Yeah. I totally skipped yesterday. Didn’t quite make up for it, today, but I’m still where I should be or a little ahead, so I’m not going to beat myself up.
- In my defense, I tore my cornea yesterday and could not focus my eyes on anything except far distances (so driving was OK), but work and writing? Yeah, those didn’t happen so much. I went to work, but didn’t get a lot done. :) Then I went to physical therapy and they did mean things to my arm and it hurt. And at some point in the last few days, I threw my back out. So . . . I’m basically saying I deserve a day off, dammit. :)
- Had one of Those Things™ happen today. Sat down to write a scene to introduce a new-to-this-book character, Monique, my TV journalist character. I was going to have her approached by one of my other characters . . . but who should appear on the page but the evasive witness girl everyone’s been looking for. She’s a . . . “lady of the evening,” and was afraid the cops or feds would arrest her, so she decided to talk to the reporter instead. Not her brightest move, but Monique was nice enough to her. Now just have to figure out how to make that fit in with the rest of the scenes.
- I’m basically writing it out of order at this point. Anhy scene that strikes me as interesting, I write.
- Favorite thing I had to look up: what restaurants are near the Fox Theater in Atlanta.