NaNoWriMo 2013, Day 1
I’m charting my daily progress on NaNoWriMo. Since you may or may not care, I’ll kindly hide it. Thanks for taking the time. :)
|NaNoWriMo Progress: MCU Case Files: Death Scene|
|New Words Today||2495||1667|
- I have never had this much trouble just starting a story. I don’t know what it is. I have severe ihateeverysyllableosis. But since this is NaNoWriMo, I’m forcing myself to just get it down, no matter how god-awful I feel like it is.
- I’ve changed so much of the original story. Now it starts out with the death of a rising star in the Spanish-language hip-hop scene of Atlanta (of which I’m not sure there even is one, but there is in my version of Atlanta, so there) under magical circumstances. I had to jettison the entire concept of the killer and why they were killing from my original plot because . . . well, basically, no one would have bought the book. It was too prone to cause controversy, or so I’ve been hearing. (It was religiously motivated, OK? Enough said. Now . . . it isn’t.)
- I know pretty much nothing about hip-hop, so yay? This should be fun.
- My dead hip-hop artist’s stage-name is Rico Murda. Is that as bad as I think it is? (His real name is Ramon Jesus Alvarez.) I need a name of a small-to-medium venue that might feature mostly Spanish-language rap and hip-hop. My well ran dry.
- OK, it has to be said. We can’t just ignore it and pretend like it’s not up there. That is the butt-ugliest image, ever. What were they thinking at the Office of Letters and Light? Eight-bit art? Yuck. Hideous.
- Interesting items researched: The types of rap and hip-hop the Atlanta music scene has to offer, hip-hop artist names, Spanish artists, Spanglish. I listened to what would probably be considered an unhealthy amount of Pitbull.