NaNoWriMo 2012, Day 5
I’m charting my daily progress on NaNoWriMo. Since you may or may not care, I’ll kindly hide it. Thanks for taking the time. :)
|NaNoWriMo Progress: Magic, Psi, and Necromancy for Normals|
|New Words Today||1909||1667|
- Egad, was I busy at work, today. And thus, had little time to write.
- I was also really all over the place today with the topics I wrote about: vampires, necromancers, batteries, magic + medicine, evolution . . . but I mostly stuck with the medical stuff. It was fun to think of ways magic could help in the medical fields. And ways to stop it from becoming a deus ex machina if all you have to do is wave a hand and wounds magically heal closed.
- I think the most fun I’m having with these current lines of thought is having figured out a way to include vampires in my world without having them be stereotypical vampires. Mine aren’t undead and are mortal humans just like the rest of us . . . except for that whole ‘draining the energy out of people’ thing. Do you have that one friend that, after you spend time with them, you just feel tired and drained? Vaaaaampiiiiiire. :)
- Interesting terms I looked up: chirurgeon, staphylococcus aureus, psychic vampire, ‘male equivalent of slut’ (I went with ‘playboy’). Someone at Google probably thinks I’m unusually weird.
- I have to vote tomorrow, and who knows how long that will take, then another long day of work that will likely kick me in the butt, then critiquing. I may or may not make my quota for tomorrow. Here’s hoping.